September 30, 2005

Gamer’s Dilemma

Man, it’s hard to be a gamer sometimes. So many choices. So many games. So many systems. So little money.

We’re getting close to the release of the first Next-Gen system, the X-Box 360. That sucker will set me back $400 (‘cause really, what real gamer is going to get that piece-of-shit Core Package). Toss in a game or two (now at the great low price of $59.99) and I’m down $560, counting taxes. Ouch.

But wait, there are still plenty of games for the current systems that I want too! Let’s take a look, shall we?

X-Box

Far Cry: Instincts -The demo was great. Reviews have been extremely positive. Plus, I love me my FPS’s

Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood -Loved the first one, I’ll explain more in a future post

Ninja Gaiden: Black - I’ve been meaning to buy this one since the original was released a year ago!

Half-Life 2 - With all the money I spend on console gaming and dvds, I don’t have the flow to purchase a PC that can play this baby properly, looks like I’ll get my fix on the X-Box.

GTA: San Andreas - Never bought the PS2 version because I was waiting for the X-Box version. Now it’s been out for months and I still haven’t gotten it.

Ghost Recon II: Summit Strike - I have no idea why, but I really want this game.

Blitz: The League - Well, I don’t know if I really want this one yet - I gotta see what the reviews look like - but I like the concept and the graphics look sweet. Not too fond of the 8-on-8 action, but what can you do?

Black - Practically zero info on this one, but those Criterion boys do know their programming.

Jade Empire - Yeah, I’m really behind on some games. This is one of them.

Conker - The original N64 version was one of my favorite games on that system. I want to play it now with the pretty graphics!

PS2

Shadow of the Colossus - Read the previous post for my thoughts on this gem.

Metal Gear Solid III: Subsistence - After MGS2's convoluted story, I was turned off my the MG series. But, MGSIII’s great reviews have rekindled my interest. Since this upgraded version of the game is coming out, I’m waiting for it.

Gamecube

Zelda: Twilight Princess - I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Ocarina of Time is my favorite game of all time, so this is a no-brainier. Plus, it might just be the last normal, playable Zelda released - have you seen that dvd remote control Nintendo is trying to pass off as a game controller? They are a zany bunch I tellz ya!

So, there you go. I think the grand total of the above it like 10 million dollars. Or maybe it just feels that way. Either way, with a full-time job and girlfriend, when am I going to find the time to play all of the above? Yup, it’s hard to be a game sometimes.

No comments: