April 29, 2008

MGS Online Beta impressions

Well after all the problems, delays and extremely lengthy
downloads/updates, I managed to play the MGS Online Beta. For about 30
minutes. After which I turned it off and played CoD4 for a few hours.

I won't say the Beta is bad. But Metal Gear's controls have been
pretty clunky for a while now. They do not lend themselves fast paced
action. I'm sure this game will find its niche and many are probably
having a grand time with it. I'll pass. Even if it was included for
free with MGS IV I don't think I would be playing it, much less picking
it up as a stand alone game.

Like I said, many might like it. I might be trying to play it in a way
it is not meant to be played, but when it comes to multiplayer, right
now it is CoD4 for me. Maybe GTA will give me a nice change of pace.
We'll see.

No comments: