January 15, 2009

Weekend notes . . .

[Posting weekend notes on Thursday?  Man I have been procrastinating.  In my defense, I wrote these on Monday, but never finished them]
 
Wow, the Cardinals are HOSTING the NFC Championship game?  That is just crazy!  Good for them.  After the first round of the playoffs I told myself I would like to see a Ravens/Cardinals Superbowl.  I'm sure the networks don't want to see that, a Steelers/Eagles Superbowl will probably do a lot better in the ratings, but I always like the underdogs.  I'd also like to see that Cardinals offense up against the Ravens defense.  Fitzgerald vs. Reed?  Sweet!
 
Plus, those poor Cardinals have not had anything to cheer for in a long time.
 
On the gaming front, I have been playing less Fallout 3.  I am still enjoying it, but I am not drawn in like I initially was.  I think it is because I am now spending more time in the DC/Capital area and I don't like it nearly as much as the Wasteland.  The Wasteland is vast and open and you have total freedom to explore it.  It also looks very impressive technically.  The DC/Capital section on the other hand is not really an open area.  The buildings have been "strategically" destroyed to create barriers that you cannot cross, so you need to rely on the underground tunnels to get between sections, so the Downtown area is basically broken into small areas.  Visually, I find it a bit drab too.  Hopefully I'll begin to do more missions on the wasteland.
 
I haven't played Prince of Persia in about 2 weeks.  Part of that is because I started Fallout, the other is that last time I played it I was stuck in some annoying puzzle that required pulling some levers to fill pools with the black ooze in a certain order.  It was pretty annoying since I just wanted to get back to exploring.
 
I also played some Halo 3 multiplayer on Friday (of all things).  And to my surprise, I was actually doing pretty good.  I was playing online with my buddy who came over, and we were both doing pretty good, especially considering that I haven't played Halo 3 online in over a year.
 
Didn't fare as well in CoD4.  I am desperately trying to get back in old form in this title but I can't seem to.  I am hit and miss.  I might do decent in one match and totally suck in another.  Even my best matches don't come close to what I used to be capable of.  It depresses me.  lol.
 

No comments: