April 21, 2009

Gaming notes

I'm in a weird gaming funk at the moment.  Even though I have several games left unfinished, I'm not in the mood to play any of them.  Fallout 3, Prince of Persia, Little Big Planet, FEAR 2, Far Cry 2, CoD: WaW, Ninja Gaiden 2, Lost: Via Domus, Condemned 2, GTA IV, I have yet to finish any of those titles.  But the thought of popping them in my disc tray is not very appealing for some reason.
 
My gaming for the last 2 weeks has consisted of MLB: The Show 09 and CoD4 multiplayer.
 
Maybe I am getting tired of the type of games I normally play and need something fresh.  Of those 10 incomplete games, 5 use firing a gun as their main gameplay mechanic, 5 are played from the 1st person perspective, 8 use combat as at least 50% of their gameplay (I'm thinking Lost doesn't require too much combat and I don't considering jumping on enemies as "combat" for LBP).  I also could just be tired of sequels.  Only LBP and Lost escape the sequel category.
 
Yet, I am clearly drawn to these type of games, since I've come close to purchasing both Riddick and Fable II to fill my gaming "void", both of which are sequels, and both of which fall in some of the other various categories I've just mentioned.
 
And on the horizon, here are the games that I know I am interested in:
 
- Batman: Arkham Asylum
- Mafia II
- Lost Planet 2
- Madden 2010 (not sold yet, but this new team seems to be heading in the right direction)
- Modern Warfare 2
- Halo: ODST
 
Again, practically all sequels, and more shooting and combat.  lol.  I need to get addicted to a new genre!!!  I'm in a gaming rut!
 
Any suggestions of quality titles that don't conform to the usual gaming trends are appreciated.
 

No comments: