February 07, 2006

Where the games at?

Wow, talk about a post-launch drought. If you're a 360 gamer, I hope you're having fun with your launch day games, because aside from DoA4, we've had zilch to hold us over.

I have three games that I am eagerly anticipating. The first one is surprising, even to myself.

Fight Night Round 3. I still play the demo almost daily. I really like this game. The graphics are probably the most impressive I have seen to date and it just "feels" right. I'm just now getting used to the total control punching mechanic using the right analog stick (I used to use the buttons to punch) and it just adds another level to the game. The full game, complete with career-mode, should be a treat.

GR:AW. Sure, there's still a part of me that is upset that the original footage shown was just a target video even though they tried to pass it off as gameplay, but this game has really come a long way. It still does not look quite as good as that "target video", but it is pretty damn close, with the only real drawback being the amazing animation in the original footage. This game will be an absolute blast on LIVE.

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. A next gen RPG like no other. This game has the potential to offer over 100 hours of gameplay. That is just sick. The graphics are fantastic, the physics system is realistic and the freedom to do what you want is unsurpassed. As long as the game ships fairly bug free, it should be quite the experience.

Now, I did not add Gears of War to this list because, well, that damn game has been hibernating for months now. C'mon guys, what' the hold up?! Show off some gameplay movies or something!!!

No comments: