January 23, 2006

No BC updates until March? The earliest?

I’ve been hearing a lot of talk lately that Microsoft is not going to have any backward compatibility updates until March - if even then.

Now, normally I would not care. I bought my 360 to play 360 games, not X-Box games, and I was one of the people that didn’t really care if the 360 had BC at all.

But, recently powerpuff bought Chaos Theory because we wanted to do some co-op play. Anybody that has tried to play Chaos Theory on 360 knows that the emulator gets all screwed up when you download the mandatory update on Live with he new maps, soooo, we’re sort of stuck here with a screwed up emulator, no updates for a least two months, and no co-op Chaos Theory play.

Boo, Microsoft, boo.

Also, does anyone know if new X-Box titles will have the bc emulator built in? I wanna check out Black when it gets released next month, but now I don’t even know if I’ll be able to play it on my 360. Maybe I shouldn’t have packed away my regular X-Box just yet . . .

UPDATE: According to IGN this rumor is false and we should expect new BC updates before March. I hope they plan on fixing current BC problems as well *cough* Chaos Theory *cough*

No comments: