January 22, 2006

My mistake

A while ago I created a gamertag on xbox.com to make sure that I would be able to use my "tanis38" user name (since I didn't have LIVE). I already had my gamercard on my 360 HDD with the same name, but didn't think much of it. When I finally signed up for LIVE, I went to import my tanis38 gamertag which I had created on the xbox website. Obviously it told me that I already had a gamerprofile with that name, if I wanted to replace it. I hit "yes" of course and everything was looking fine. I was finally on LIVE, I had my gamer tag and everything was looking up.

It wasn't until later that I realized the huge mistake I had made. Apparetly the way that the 360 saves games is that it saves them onto your gamercard profile on the HDD, not onto the HDD itself. So when I replaced my gamercard when I imported it from xbox.com, I essentially erased everything I had done since getting my 360. All my accomplishments, my advancments in all my games. Everything. Needless to say, I was very upset.

I had already beaten CoD2 on hardened, I was towards the end of my Madden franchise's 1st year and I was more than half-way through PDZ. I've had to start over from scratch. Not fun.

But oh well, at least this happened now and not a month or two from now. Then I REALLY would have been pissed off.

No comments: