October 22, 2006

SC updated impressions

I've played a few more single player levels. Some notes:

- The game has frozen on me several times. It has happened a couple of times after pressing the back button to bring up my wrist computer. It also froze once while viewing the in-game map.

- Because of my freezing problems I have been saving alot more. It has greatly helped to reduce some of the frustration.

- The levels certainly appear to pick up after the first few. There is a level that takes place on a cruise ship in broad daylight and it was fantastic. One of my favorite levels of any SC game. It is a great new dynamic sneaking around in broad daylight. You don't hide in the shadows, but rather have to find actual physical cover. It was alot of fun. And the level was beautiful. Again, it is refreshing to be able to really play through a level and not have it blanketted in complete darkness. Graphically, it was very impressive.

- I'm enjoying the game alot more now. There are still several instances where it is really difficult to figure out where to go to complete your objective though. The level design definitely seem to get better as you advance through the game. So far at least.

- My previous comments about Sam's animations when picking up objects or interacting with the environment, while still valid, might have been too harsh. I have noticed that those transition in Double Agent are far better than they were in previous SC games. They still do not look completely smooth or realistic, but better than they have been in the past.

No comments: