February 18, 2007

GoW 2 / GH II

There were reports going around that God of War 2 would run in 720p on a PS3. IGN even mentioned it in their review. Needless to say, I was siked.

IGN has since updated their review and now Sony has claimed that those reports are false.
Damn shame, because GoW 2 in 720p would have been fantastic.

For a while I was contemplating not getting GoW 2. Sure, I absolutely LOVED the first game, but since I was so into my "hi-def" 360 gaming, GoW 2 just didn't interest me much. After IGN's extremely positive review (it got a 9.7), and the fact that since I can play the game on my PS3 now and at least run it in progressive scan (my PS2 is only connected with an s-video cable), I've had a change of heart. Plus, all the videos I have seen of the game look phenomenal.

So, looks like it is Gow 2 and GRAW 2 for me in March. I'm going to try my best to resist getting Guitar Hero II in March (although I'm sure I will get it eventually). I am dying to play the game in 720p, with 5.1 surround sound, on-line leader boards (YES!), achievements (YES!), downloadable songs (HELL YES!!), but I can't see myself plunking down $90 for essentially the same game I am playing now on the PS2 and still enjoying very, very much. Plus, I'll lose the ability to play multiplayer since I am not buying a 2nd 360 Guitar controller anytime soon (already have 2 for the PS2). Once there is some DL content I might take the plunge, but I'll try my best to resist a March purchase.

Although, we all know how strong my will power is when it comes to gaming . . .

No comments: