April 08, 2007

Free Bird

Guitar Hero II is fantastic. But I knew that. I've been paying the series since its debut on the PS2. What I meant is that the 360 version is fantastic. There are some unlucky gamers experiencing technical difficulties with their guitar controllers, and they have my sympathy, but my controller has been working flawlessly.

I beat every song in the PS2 version of the original game on Expert difficulty. And I made it through all but one in GHII on Expert. All but Free Bird. I have been struggling with it since the PS2 version and that carried over to the 360 version. The song is absolutely brutal. So tough in fact, I was convinced I would actually never be able to pass it at the hardest difficulty.

But yesterday . . . I did. I was so ecstatic, that I had to take a snap-shot of my acomplishment (because I do not know if I will be able to pass it again). And not only did I pass it, but I passed it with a 4-star rating. I was shaking when I was done. My heart racing.

That may sound dramatic, but for those that have not played this game (and especially this song), I ask that you try it on Expert and tell me it is not insanely difficult.

Anyway, here is my moment of triumph.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Note: I have tried this song twice again on Expert since beating it . . . and have failed both times. I'm real happy I took that pic. :)

1 comment:

Gabe said...

Congrats to Tanis on this achievement, Powerpuff's arthitic hands will never be able to accomplish this !!!