May 08, 2007

Super Rub-a-Dub

I purchased my second game from the PS Store. Super Rub-a-Dub.

You control the game only with the PS3 controller's motion-sensing aspect, tilting a floating virtual tub/maze filled with water, trying to make your rubber ducky go where you want it to. You can jolt the controller upward to make it jump as well.

The premise is to "free" smaller rubber duckies who are stuck inside a bubble and then lead them to the exit. That's it. Later on you have to deal with obstacles like wind-up shark toys and currents that make controlling your duck harder.

Sounds a bit odd (and it is), but man, I'm enjoying it. The game is simple, yet addictive when you try to beat your best times. I've read reviews that claim that the controls don't feel right but they feel extremely solid to me. Yes, it is sometimes hard to get your duck to go exactly where you want, but with practice, you can master it well enough.

Besides, the game is only $6.

No comments: