February 26, 2008

Calm waters

For the first time in many months I am not actively playing any particular game.  I am done with the crazy onslaught from late last year and in all honesty, I am glad it is over.  When I am playing a new game, I am a slave to it.  It is a sickness.  When I am playing 4+ games at one time, it is actually more of a chore than entertaining.
 
Nowadays, instead of getting home and having the 360 up and running before I even change out of my work clothes, I can relax and do other things.  I continue my Expert drum career on occasion and fire up a few matches of CoD4 multiplayer, but other than that, I am not glued to the tv with a controller in my hand.  In fact, for the most part, the only gaming I have done has been to test out my headphones - since I've popped in almost all my games to see how they sound with them.
 
And the only game I see in the horizon that interests me is MLB The Show 2008.  The PS3 demo is beyond amazing.  This is the type of graphical jump I expected for this generation (and expected it in last year's game).  The game is just gorgeous.  It is the prettiest sports game I have ever played.  And this is just the demo.  I cannot wait for this to come out!
 

No comments: