July 24, 2008

I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks . . .

A word of advice for anyone picking up Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds.  Especially those who are fans of the series.
 
Use the new Advance Shot Method.
 
I resisted it at first.  Why learn a whole new control scheme when the traditional 3-click system has been solid for over 10 years now?  Plus, I felt I had mastered it well enough to hold my own.
 
Well, the game seems to urge you to try the new method.  There are a few challenge events that you can only participate in if you use the new method.  Plus, you have more overall power with the new method, since the game handicaps the 3 clickers by reducing their max drive length.  So I caved and jumped into practice mode to give it a try.
 
Surprisingly, I warmed up to a lot faster than I thought I would.  After just 3 holes I was beginning to feel comfortable and after finishing an 18 hole round at -16 using the new method it is safe to assume that I feel really comfortable with it.
 
It has actually increased my enjoyment of the game; and I was already enjoying it!  So, for those who shy away from change (me), please give it a try.  It is well worth it.
 

No comments: