August 15, 2006

I'm buying a Hybrid!

As I was driving into work today I notice my gas light was on. Looking at the gauge I realize I'm almost running on fumes. I pull into the nearest gas station and fill ‘er up.

$40.

That's for a 13 gallon tank. Ouch.

$40 might seem like chump change to some of you with larger, fuel-guzzling monstrosities, but I drive a 2001 VW Golf. 4 cylinder. When I first got my Golf in 2000, I used to fill the tank up with $15. $15 freakin dollars. And that was with Premium gas!!! Now, it is $40 with Regular! That’s a price hike of 166% in five years according to my crappy math skills!

And I hear prices are just going to keep going up. I know we Americans have been spoiled with low gas prices for years, but man, this sudden change is killing me.

I finished paying off my car last year and I'm going to drive that baby until it completely dies on me (not having car payments is something I quite enjoy), but I'm telling you right now, my next car is a Hybrid! Hell, I might go for all electric!

No comments: