November 23, 2005

Empty Handed

So, anyone who read my previous post knows that I was supposed to get a 360 this past Sunday. Key word being “was”. Of course as it turns out (because nothing can ever go as planned), my so-called “hook-up” wasn’t, well, much of a hook-up.

I will not bore anyone with the details, but lets just say that I went from having a 360 Premium Package available on Sunday, to having to settle for a Core Package on Tuesday. And I refuse to waste my money on a Core package (I still think this was a stupid move by Microsoft).

So, much like Powerpuff, I am left with no 360. Disappointed does not even come close to describing how I felt. Enraged was more like it.

Here’s my problem. A month or so back, I was completely content with the idea of getting a 360 in December/January, whenever I could find one. I wasn’t really in a rush. Then this “hook-up” comes along and starts putting fantasies in my head of me getting one at launch. That’s when the excitement started to build. To a fever pitch I might add. So, now that I was so sure that I was going to get one, I am no longer fine with getting one on Dec/Jan. I want one now dammit!!!

I also have a shiny copy of Perfect Dark Zero in my possession. As well as Call of Duty 2. Staring at those game boxes and not being able to play them is not the easiest thing in the world.

It’s funny, Powerpuff and I were already talking about how we were going to be playing some co-op Perfect Dark this weekend. There’s some saying about not counting your chickens before they hatch, or some shit, that I am sure is applicable here. Fucking chickens.

No comments: