November 10, 2005

Halo 2 in 720p!

What I consider to be some pretty fantastic news was announced yesterday as Bungie - in celebration of Halo 2's 1st year anniversay - revealed that both Halo: CE and Halo 2 will be backwards compatible with X-Box 360 right out of the box and will run both games in wide screen, in 720p, and feature full scene anti-aliasing!!!!

I hope this is the standard for all backward compatible X-Box games. I can't wait to see Halo 2 running in glorious 720p!!! For those that want to see if the jump from 480p to 720p is really much of a difference, go look at MVP 2005. The jump in resolution is immediately noticable.

And for those out there who have yet to take the plunge into the HD realm, I understand. While HD sets have gone down in price, it is still a hefty wad of cash you have to pony up. But for anyone playing a 360 on a 4:3 non-HD display, trust me, you are only seeing half of what the games are capable of looking like.

No comments: