June 26, 2006

Best girlfriend ever . . .

So I travel for work a lot. Meaning, I am stuck in airports for hours, going through security, reading magazines to pass the time, bored, waiting for flights, waiting for delayed flights, etc.

Last Wednesday I had to travel to Jacksonville, so I had to get up at 4am, work all day, then catch an evening flight home that same day. My return flight was at 6:50pm, but of course, it was delayed. I get home close to 10pm. So, from my calculation, that's an 18 hour day. Now, I'm not looking for sympathy, but I mention all this for a reason.

As I walk through the door Wednesday night, tired and beat, I notice something on the kitchen counter. What is this? A Sony PSP box? What the?!

My girlfriend emerges from the room with a smile on her face, looking at my reaction as I stare dumbfounded at the PSP.

"What the hell is this?!", I ask, not meaning for it to sound so coarse, but I really had no idea what was going on.

"That's for you baby, since you're always bored in airports, so you have something to do."

I don't have to tell you I was completely shocked. Hell, I still am shocked and I've had it now close to a week. Best girlfriend ever? Yeah, I think so.

1 comment:

Gabe said...

DOES SHE HAVE A SISTER?!!!