June 29, 2006

GRAW on-line update

I must be a masochist . . . or an idiot, but either way last night I decided to try to play GRAW on-line one more time. This time I said to myself, "I'm sticking to the first lobby I get into and not leaving". So, I get into a lobby, the game already in progress (of course), and there are about three other players waiting. The match apparently just started, it is a pretty full game of team deathmatch (or whatever it is called in GRAW, I'm still on Halo time). The score to win is 50 and the leading team has about 12 kills. Great. But I'm going to wait this one out dammit!!! I go to my custom soundtracks, crank on some Sublime, mute my headset, and just start singing and jamming while I wait.

After 15 - 20 minutes the match ended. Finally. I get ready and wait . . . and wait . . . dude, whoever the host is he sure takes his sweet ass time changing settings and getting a match started.

Then, 25 minutes after I pressed the power button on my 360, I finally get into a match of GRAW. A full 16 players, 8 vs 8 match. I play about four games, a good hour or so of gaming and turn it off to watch the Sopranos (watching the whole series from Netflix).

So, 1 hour and forty-five minutes roughly of sitting on the couch with my controller in my hand, maybe an hour of actual play time, the rest either waiting in the lobby for the game to end, or waiting between games for the host to start the next match.

Does nobody else see anything wrong with this? Again I'll say it, unless you have a bunch of friends on your friends list that have GRAW and you set up a play date, playing GRAW on-line is a huge pain in the ass.

I enjoyed the hour or so I played, but don’t know it if was worth the other 45 minutes I didn't.

No comments: