February 12, 2009

Killzone 2 Demo

After much anticipation we finally got a taste of Killzone 2, thanks to the demo that was released last week for Gamestop pre-order customers or those with a European PSN account.  My impressions:
 
- You know, after so much hype and anticipation, watching videos and screenshots, when the demo finally started I was a bit disappointed with the visuals.  They seemed a little drab, muted colors, and generally grey and non-vibrant.  Now, that was during my first playthrough.  I have now played the demo over 10 times and let me say this: The visuals are AMAZING!  Seriously, it is funny how much hype and anticipation can affect your judgement (I was disappointed with The Fellowship of the Ring the first time I saw it since I was looking forward to it so much.  Since that first viewing it is my favorite of the trilogy and I absolutely love it).
 
- I found the controls very strange during my first couple of sessions.  They react slower than I am used to (CoD, Halo) and I just didn't feel very comfortable.  Like any other game though, after a while it all began to click and I can now breeze through the demo, taking cover, getting headshots, and loving every minute of it.
 
- The demo is too short!!!  What a tease!  Just when you are getting into it the screen goes to black and it is over.  I wish the demo had multiplayer.
 
The wait for 2/27 just got a lot longer.
 

No comments: