November 21, 2006

CoD 3

This weekend I managed to get some CoD3 in. Finally. Gears of War still took up a good portion of my time, but now that I have played through it about 3 times, I find I can try other games without thinking about it. Like I said, despite its flaws, it is a lot of fun.

At this point I am having mixed reactions with CoD3. It looks better than CoD2. It basically plays the same (meaning, very good). It still has fantastic atmosphere and sound. Yet I am having a much harder time getting into the game than the previous title. Can it be that less than a year after part 2, it is just too early for another CoD3 title?

Or maybe the whole WWII FPS genre is getting long in the tooth. The Nazi bullets might still be whizzing by my ear and explosions are going off a few feet away . . . but the excitement is gone. It could be a result of playing this game right after Gears. Not sure. I might put it in the back-burner for now, because I really do want to enjoy it.

But that is fine, I actually have too many games at the moment and I hate being overloaded with games. Gears of War, Guitar Hero II, Call of Duty 3, Rainbow 6: Vegas (Out this week). Too many games, not enough time.

I have yet to dive into GoW multiplayer, aside from co-op which is blast. The couple of vs. matches I did play resulted in me and my team getting absolutely destroyed. It was fun, but different from the single-player. It is going to take a good amount of time to learn the maps and tactics necessary to be successful in multiplayer.

Guitar Hero II has been an absolute blast. Playing co-op is the way this game was meant to be played. I'm not sure if I like the song selection as much as the original, but since it has Sweet Child O' Mine I think it wins by default. Hanger 18 is also fantastic. I've beaten the career-mode on Hard and just recently started on Expert. It is harder than part one. In a good way. And the new practice mode looks like it is going to come in handy as I advance through Expert. Some of those solos are just insane.

I'm looking forward to Rainbow Six: Vegas. Reviews have been great and the demo was fun. I have not tried the multiplayer demo though. Well, I did try it once and after I created my character (took a while as I was going through all the options) when I finally got into a game it was incredibly laggy, so I quit and haven't tried again.

I've also played through the Superman Returns demo quite a few times and I like it more and more with each play through. The game is a lot of fun and I cannot get enough of flying around as Supes. It feels great. Once you learn all the controls and learn some of the combat moves, the game is really a lot of fun. Now I think I want to pick this game up too!!! Nooo!! Not only is it another game to add to the list, but I don't want to give EA anymore of my money!!!

What to do, what to do . . .

No comments: