November 02, 2006

Eragon

I just got done playing the new Eragon demo that is available on the Marketplace.

Wow. Just Wow.

Hold on, I need one more . . .

Wow.

I know there are different levels of developers out there. Some are elite. Some are decent. Some have more resources available (bigger budget, etc.), some aren't so lucky. After playing this demo, I am finding it difficult to accept that this game is running on the same system that is running Gears of War.

I feel bad bashing this game, as I am sure that many programmers spent alot of time working on it. And by "many" I mean two and by "alot of time" I mean three days.

Seriously, this game looks and plays absolutely terrible. Every single launch title looks at least twice as good as this game. I'd wager 85% of Xbox One games look better than this. PS2 games look better than this. Xbox Live Arcade titles look better than this. I find it hard to comprehend why they decided to release a demo, since the four people out there who might have been interested are surely going to pass once they get their hands on this demo.

Ok, I am done with the bashing. I just had to get that off my chest, since I was sitting there on my couch, controller in hand, thinking this was some kind of April Fools joke. If I were Microsoft I would find it insulting that they would be trying to release this game on the 360. I wouldn't allow it. The original Xbox can easily, easily run this game in its current state. My guess is that it is using about 5% of the 360's power. It is going to be well worth those $60 huh?

No comments: