November 07, 2006

GoW

Well, the reviews are out. And they are good.

Teamxbox: 9.6
Gamespot: 9.6
IGN: 9.4
1UP: 10

I have to admit, as much as I have been looking forward to this game and as much as I was hoping it would be great, in the back of my mind I never thought it would be receiving those type of scores. Throughout the game's development, I always had the impression that ultimately what we would be getting is a beautiful game . . . with not much substance. Little more than a tech demo of what the Unreal III engine could do, attached to a repetitive game that would get tiresome about ½ through the campaign.

I am so glad I was wrong. From the looks of it at least, because it does not look like my local Gamestop will be getting the game until tomorrow. Damn.

Today is going to a very, very long day.

No comments: