May 12, 2005

X-Box 360 unveiling tonight!

Tonight is the big unveiling of the X-Box 360 on MTV @ 9:30pm. I am pretty siked, although I have to wonder: why MTV? I just hope that the show focuses on what’s important here . . . the X-Box 360!!! Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that this event is going to bring painful memories of the absolutely horrendous Spike TV Videogame Awards. You know what I mean, the spotlight will be on the celebrities attending, the musical acts performing and as a side note we’ll be lucky to see 10 minutes worth of content devoted to actual video games.

You know . . . I don’t like where this whole "video games being a bigger business than Hollywood" thing is heading. Because where it’s heading is an ugly, ugly place. Lets hope I’m wrong.

Ok, that’s a rant for another time. Lets just hope that the show is at least watchable.

No comments: