May 11, 2005

Xbox Live Oh The Pain

Ok this the moment I finally been waiting for. I owned an xbox since the first day of launch. 4 years later I finally signed up for my xbox live account. The question of which game to play first was not an issue. Halo 2 was the game. For my first ever Halo 2 game on live I choose a head to head match. I sit there waiting for the game to load. The match begins I quickly realize I am way in over my head, the person wants to dish out pain and I am its only target !!! I die quickly and often and manage to respawn, in a few moments I am again left staring at the respawn clock ticking down. I manage to get a couple of kills in the life long 5 minute match. As the clocks sounds the end of the match I begin to hear the crackle of voice over my headphones. To my horror its the sound of what appears to be a 12 old girl, who begins to tell me good game, I am frozen in time thinking if I should even respond or should I run and get my 11 year old son to speak instead of me. I swallow my pride and answer her, she gives me the good game exaltations (because she beat my ass), and then begins to tell me she doesn't play that often, like that is suppose to make me feel better. If you have figured how I got the title for this blog, now you know.. Man that hurt....

No comments: