November 18, 2008

Zombie overload

I am in full fledged zombie mode right now.  And the funny thing is, it wasn't planned.
 
It all started with me hearing great things about the comic book series, The Walking Dead.  I started doing some research on it and I decided to check it out.  Sounded like a great serious take on the zombie apocalypse formula, focusing on the psychological impact on the survivors.  The reviews have been great.  So last Tuesday (on my birthday) I am on amazon.com looking up the series, deciding if I am going to order it or swing by a local comic shop to pick it up.
 
During lunch, I meet up with my sister who gives me my birthday present.  What do I find in the bag?  A book titled, The Zombie Survival Guide, a great book that is hilarious in how serious it takes itself and the detail it goes into on how to survive a zombie apocalypse.
 
Then I check my mail and a new Netflix movie came in.  Land of the Dead.  Of course.  I hadn't looked in my queue in weeks, so of course a zombie movie was up next.
 
And then of course, Left 4 Dead comes out today.
 
So, I am armed with a survival guide, reading a great graphic novel on the subject, about to start playing one of the best games based on zombies, and just watched the latest chapter in the "Dead" series, by the grandfather of the genre, George A. Romero.
 
Sweet.
 
P.S. - Land of the Dead was terrible.  What went wrong George?  You work better with small budgets?
 

No comments: