November 04, 2008

Gaming notes

I've been spending a lot of time at my dad's place ever since his knee surgery last week, so I haven't had much time for gaming.  Some notes:
 
- The Mirror's Edge demo is great.  The game controls and feels as good as I hoped it would.  The demo only left me wanting more.  I can't wait for this game.  I pre-ordered it for the PS3 since I hear it will be getting exclusive DLC.  Plus, even though the 360 pad is my favorite gaming controller so far, given the title's control scheme and its reliance on L1 (LB on the 360), I find the Dual Shock 3 to be better suited to it.
 
- Little Big Planet is a lot of fun.  So far I have only played Story mode (haven't touched the level creation tools) and it is great platforming goodness.  It is even better with another player (the co-op sections are fun to solve).  I tried some of the user created levels as well and I was blown away by some of them.  Can't wait to sink deeper into this game.
 
- I beat Dead Space this past weekend.  Fantastic game.  My Game of the Year unless it gets dethroned.  I'm thinking of playing through it again, but with all these games coming out it might have to wait.
 
- I pre-ordered GoW 2 and Left 4 Dead.  The GoW reviews have been pretty impressive.  Left 4 Dead just looks like a total riot.
 
- Not game related, but the Dolphins are at .500 for the first time in forever.  Man, I never thought 4-4 could feel so good.  :)
 

No comments: